TSPRA 2022 Annual Conference
February 21-24, 2022
Round Rock, TX
Note: This is an in-person only event.
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE HOTEL INFORMATION
When the hotel block opened yesterday, 407 rooms were booked within 35 minutes by attendees.
We are currently accepting attendees for the waitlist. You MUST include the following information in an EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waitlist:
- Name for EACH person in the room
- Check in date
- Check out date
- Your cellphone
When a room becomes available, Linsae will call you to get your credit card information over the phone. If you receive a phone call from Linsae and it goes into voicemail, you will have a limited amount of time to return the phone call before she goes on to the next person on the list.
You may want to try to book a room OUTSIDE THE BLOCK. If you book outside the block, be aware that the price is subject to change and you may be charged for the first night per the hotel’s policy. We suggest you try this sooner than later.
KING vs DOUBLE
If you are unable to book a room with a king-size bed, try again with a double room. The majority of the rooms at Kalahari are double since it is a family-oriented establishment.
If you are unable to get a room at Kalahari, there will be overflow options. Once we have secured overflow, we will send out an email as well as post on website and social media.
If you cancel your reservations at Kalahari, you will be charged a mandatory $25 per the hotel’s policy.
To avoid this charge and to provide a room to someone on the waitlist, please email Linsae at email@example.com with the following:
- Name on reservation
- Confirmation number
- Dates of check in/out
- Cell phone number
- #2021 theme unveiled: June 10, 2021
- Hotel reservations open: July 21, 2021
- Conference scholarship applications available: October 1, 2021
- Conference registration opens: October 4, 2021
- Proposals to present: September 8-October 25, 2021
- Star Awards entries open: September 20, 2021, 12 p.m.
- Deadline to submit entries for Star Awards: November 1, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
- Nominations for TSPRA professional awards available: November 1, 2021
- Conference Planning Committee meeting: November 4, 2021
- Deadline to apply for conference scholarship: November 19, 2021
- Deadline to submit nominations for professional awards: December 15, 2021
- Late fees registration begins: January 24, 2022
- No registration refunds begins; substitutions allowed: January 24, 2022
- Last day to make hotel reservations at conference rate: February 7, 2022
- Preconference: February 21, 2022, 1-4 p.m.
Monday, February 21, 2022, 1-4 p.m.
For those new to school communications
Put APR in Your Professional Portfolio
Danielle Clark, APR
Chief Communications Officer
Harris County Department of Education
Social Media Blueprint for Schools
Andrea Gribble, Social Median Storyteller & Founder
Building Blocks of a Successful Bond Progam
Amy Jones, CEO & President
O’Connell Robertson Architects
Mastering the Visual Code (EMP)
Julie Jones, University of Oklahoma Professor
Chair of National Press Photographers Association News Video Workshop
Listening and Change Management with Diverse Audiences
Jaqueline Lambiase, Texas Christian University
Certified Public Communications
Fran Stephenson, Principal
IMPORTANT HOTEL INFORMATION
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE RESERVING YOUR HOTEL ROOM.
Opening in November 2020, Kalahari Resorts and Convention Center is located in Round Rock, Texas on U.S. Hwy 79 across from the Dell Diamond and Old Settlers Park, 30 minutes from Austin, 1.5 hours from San Antonio , 2.5 hours from Dallas and 2.5 hours from Houston and houses eleven in-house dining and beverage options along with one of the nation’s largest indoor waterparks and family entertainment centers.
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions have been voted as the “World’s Coolest Indoor Waterparks!” But, they are more than just America’s largest indoor waterparks – they are also authentically-African themed resorts, state-of-the-art convention centers, world-class dining, luxurious spas, diverse shopping experiences, cutting-edge arcades and thrilling theme parks. Most importantly, though, this is a place where memories are made. There’s adventure, excitement, and memories awaiting!
- Credit card and authorization required to secure reservation.
- ALERT: $25 processing fee for each cancellation prior to scheduled check-in
- Cancellations within 72 hours of check-in date will be charged one night stay + taxes
- Payment by CHECK: arrangements must be made with hotel by February 1, 2022. Full payment must be received by the Kalahari office no later than 14 days prior to check-in. Checks will need to be mailed to following:3001 Kalahari Blvd.
Round Rock, TX 78665
ATTENTION: Finance DepartmentPlease include the name of the event ( TSPRA 2022 ), dates and a confirmation number with first/last names.Contact for payment by check: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for contact information.
Reservation Link: RESERVE HERE
Cut-off date for reservations at conference contracted rate: February 7, 2022
- Resort fee waived (which is $40)
- Complimentary parking; valet parking is $40/day
- Sleeping rooms include microwave, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, in-room high speed internet
- Access to fitness center
- Exempt from waterpark fees with one waterpark pass per room occupant for the duration of the stay. IMPORTANT: all room occupants must be listed with the reservation to receive waterpark passes.
Conference rates are extended to two days after the conference blocked days, subject to availability.
Should you need to cancel a hotel room:
TSPRA is willing to work with members until February 15, 2022, with any cancellations. This will assist in assuring that colleagues on a waitlist for the conference hotel might be able to secure a room at Kalahari Resort.
Please email email@example.com and we will work to reassign the room to the next person on the waitlist.
Include the following information:
- Reservation name
- Confirmation number
- Check-in and check-out dates
- Contact person, email and phone number
View photos for 2021 Annual Conference
View program for 2021 Annual Conference