TSPRA uses an online submission system. We no longer accept entries mailed to the office.
TSPRA’s annual Star Awards provide recognition for the outstanding education communications and projects of our members. Independent, impartial judges evaluate each work and project based on set criteria and they award Gold, Silver and Bronze Star Awards, as well as Best of Category, Crystal and Platinum Certificates of Merit, Crystal Commendations and the Platinum Award for an all-encompassing, year-long communications project. Judging will take place November-January.
What’s new in 2021?
- Printed Newsletters Internal and External have been combined into a single category number 1.
- E-Newsletters Internal and External have been combined into a single category number 40.
- The Mobile App and Foundation/Parnership Campaign categories have been eliminated due to several years of few entries.
- Division sizes have been changed to reflect number of entries that have been received in divisions in previous years.
The division ranges have changed.
Print, Video, Electronic and Campaign categories are judged in three divisions. Divisions are based on the number of students a district, foundation, service center or organization serves as of May 1, 2021. TSPRA affiliate members who are private consultants and/or their companies that do work for a district, foundation or education association, will base their entry’s division size on the number of students served by their client.
The new division are:
- Under 15,000 students
- 15,000-40,000 students
- More than 40,000 students
Crystal and Platinum categories are not judged by divisions.