Each year, TSPRA honors individuals, school districts, education foundations and others for their outstanding contributions in school communications.
Key Communicator Award – Announced in August and presented annually at the TASA/TASB Convention, the award is presented to a person who has contributed significantly to the field of public school communications and need not be a member of TSPRA. The recipient may be a legislator, superintendent, or professional in another field who has improved school communications; or a member of TSPRA who has contributed outstanding service to the profession of public school communications.
Professional Awards – Announced in February at TSPRA’s annual conference.
The following awards are given:
Professional Achievement, sponsored by ParentSquare
Most Valuable Member, sponsored by The Scholastic Network
Rookie of the Year, sponsored by O’Connell Robertson
Bright Idea Award, sponsored by Huckabee Communications
Media Award, sponsored by Blackboard
Star Awards – Presented at the annual Star Awards Celebration, held in February during TSPRA’s annual conference. These awards provide recognition for the outstanding communications efforts of our members.
- Bronze Star – for an entry that achieves its purpose with creativity, craft and skill.
- Silver Star – for an entry that achieves its purpose with noticeable creativity, craft and skill.
- Gold Star – for an entry that not only achieves its purpose with noticeable creativity, craft and skill, but, in the opinion of the judges, does so in an exceptional way.
- Best of Category – for an entry that stands out from all the others in the same category and division for its exceptional creativity and quality.
- Crystal Certificate of Merit – for entries in the Crystal Commendation categories that are worthy of merit but did not win the Crystal Commendation Award.
- Crystal Commendation Award – for a multifaceted promotional program or campaign employing a variety of media, occurring over a period of time and encompassing well-defined goals, strategies or activities; one award per category.
- Platinum Certificate of Merit – for entries in the Platinum Award category that are worthy of merit but did not win the Platinum Award.
- Platinum Award – TSPRA’s highest award for excellence in a total PR program; one award is given.
Other Awards – The President and Executive Committee may give special awards at any time.