TSPRA 2022 Annual Conference
February 21-24, 2022
Round Rock, TX
Note: This is an in-person only event.
Three day conference registration: $520 members | $745 non-members
($100 late fee added Jan. 24, 2022)
Star Awards Dinner | Celebration: $80
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE CONFERENCE & OVERFLOW HOTEL INFORMATIONALL ROOMS BOOKED FOR CONFERENCE HOTEL
When the hotel block opened for Kalahari Resort and Conference, 407 rooms were booked within 35 minutes by attendees. Scroll down for overflow hotel information.
We are currently accepting attendees for the waitlist. You MUST include the following information in an EMAIL to email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist:
- Name for EACH person in the room
- Check in date
- Check out date
- Your cellphone
If a room becomes available, Linsae will call you to get your credit card information over the phone. If you receive a phone call from Linsae and it goes into voicemail, you will have a limited amount of time to return the phone call before she goes on to the next person on the list.
You may want to try to book a room OUTSIDE THE BLOCK. If you book outside the block, be aware that the price is subject to change and you may be charged for the first night per the hotel’s policy. We suggest you try this sooner than later.
KING vs DOUBLE
If you are unable to book a room with a king-size bed, try again with a double room. The majority of the rooms at Kalahari are double since it is a family-oriented establishment.
If you are unable to get a room at Kalahari, see overflow information below.
If you cancel your reservations at Kalahari, you will be charged a mandatory $25 per the hotel’s policy.
To avoid this charge and to provide a room to someone on the waitlist, please email Linsae at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Name on reservation
- Confirmation number
- Dates of check in/out
- Cell phone number
IMPORTANT HOTEL INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE & OVERFLOW HOTELS
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE RESERVING YOUR HOTEL ROOM.
Conference hotel: Kalahari Resort & Convention
- Credit card and authorization required to secure reservation.
- ALERT: $25 processing fee for each cancellation prior to scheduled check-in
- Cancellations within 72 hours of check-in date will be charged one night stay + taxes
- Payment by CHECK: arrangements must be made with hotel by February 1, 2022. Full payment must be received by the Kalahari office no later than 14 days prior to check-in. Contact for payment by check: Email email@example.com for contact information.
Reservation Link: RESERVE HERE
Cut-off date for reservations at conference contracted rate: February 7, 2022
- Resort fee waived (which is $40)
- Complimentary parking; valet parking is $40/day
- Sleeping rooms include microwave, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, in-room high speed internet
- Access to fitness center
- Exempt from waterpark fees with one waterpark pass per room occupant for the duration of the stay. IMPORTANT: all room occupants must be listed with the reservation to receive waterpark passes.
Conference rates are extended to two days after the conference blocked days, subject to availability.
Should you need to cancel a hotel room:
TSPRA is willing to work with members until February 15, 2022, with any cancellations that are singles or kings. This will assist in assuring that colleagues on a waitlist for the conference hotel might be able to secure a room at Kalahari Resort.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to reassign the room to the next person on the waitlist.
Include the following information:
- Reservation name
- Confirmation number
- Check-in and check-out dates
- Contact person, email and phone number
Overflow hotel is LaQuinta Inn & Suites Round Rock East by Wyndam, 3900 East Palm Valley Road, Round Rock, TX 76665
Reservation cut-off for special rate is January 31, 2022
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Round Rock East opened in 2021 and is located about 10 minutes from the conference hotel
Room Rate: $129
Complimentary parking, breakfast and in-room WIFI
OR Call the hotel directly at 737-346-6652
Also for consideration is The Ruby Hotel & Bar, 400 Fannin, Avenue, Round Rock, TX 78664
A mid-century inspired boutique hotel located on Brushy Creek about 5 miles from the conference hotel. Room rates are around $150.
To make reservations: https://therubyhotel.com or call 512-600-7997
- #2021 theme unveiled: June 10, 2021
- Hotel reservations open: July 21, 2021
- Conference scholarship applications available: October 1, 2021
- Conference registration opens: October 4, 2021
- Proposals to present: September 8-October 25, 2021
- Star Awards entries open: September 20, 2021, 12 p.m.
- Deadline to submit entries for Star Awards: November 1, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
- Nominations for TSPRA professional awards available: November 1, 2021
- Conference Planning Committee meeting: November 4, 2021
- Deadline to apply for conference scholarship: November 19, 2021
- Deadline to submit nominations for professional awards: December 15, 2021
- Late fees registration begins: January 24, 2022
- No registration refunds begins; substitutions allowed: January 24, 2022
- Last day to make hotel reservations at conference rate: February 7, 2022
- Preconference: February 21, 2022, 1-4 p.m.
Click HERE for conference schedule.
Monday, February 21, 2022, 1-4 p.m.
It Takes A PRo: Putting APR in YOUR Professional Portfolio
Danielle Clark, APR, Harris County Department of Education, and other TSPRA APRs
School PR is tough. Come find out how getting your APR can put your career and daily job tasks on a path you never imagined! Affectionately referred to as #It takes A PRo, getting your APR is an investment in yourself, your career and your future. Don’t let another year pass without adding this prestigious credential to your professional portfolio. This session will provide you with a roadmap to earning your APR and hook you up with a mentor to support you through the process. You will get insight into the APR process, see how it will change the entire way your approach your job and meet with an APR mentor to get a jump start on the process with your portfolio project.
Mastering the Visual Code (EMP)
Julie Jones, Director of the National Photographer’s Association News Video Workshop
Telling a compelling video story is dependent on knowing a hidden visual language that has been with us since early cinema days. The language is ‘hidden’ because it is a visual code embedded in every TV show, every video message and every movie you have ever watched. Although it is ever present, this visual code is easy to over look simply because it is visual. Julie Jones, director of the National Photographers Association’s (NPPA) News Video Workshop, will introduce you to this language and show you how to harness it so you can build better stories from the concept all the way through to the last edit.
The Building Blocks of a Successful Bond Program
Amy Jones and Jessica Bazan, O’Connell Robertson
A successful bond election requires a strong foundation. As communication leaders for your District, understanding the required building blocks to support this effort is essential. This workshop will provide information on facility issues that prompt a building program, planning and design terminology, how facilities impact educational instruction, project team members and roles, and strategies for stakeholder engagement and communications.
Kim Hocott, Pearland ISD & other TSPRA members
Every school PR professional needs tools to help navigate school communications. TSPRA Rookie Boot Camp will provide you with some basic tools, tips and techniques to finding your way through the day-to-day adventures we all face. Get to know your fellow rookies and meet some veterans who will help maximize your TSPRA experience.
Get Your Google On! Measurement (Analytics) Intensive Workshop
Fran Stephenson, APR and Principal of Step In Communication
It’s time to take your measurement and analytics skills to the next level. If you’re not already harnessing the power of Google Analytics (GA) to evaluate and enlighten your communications footprint, then this workshop is for you.
In this 3-hour, hands-on workshop you will learn:
- The types of data you can see using Google Analytics and how communicators can use that data
- How to navigate the default reports in GA and what they mean for communicators
- Where your web traffic is coming from – social media, newsletters, search engines or referrals and why it’s important to see those sources
- How to set up custom and recurring reports and how to share them with leadership
- How to set up a basic dashboard to report on and share what you’re seeing in GA
- What the future outlook of measurement is using GA.
Requirements: Your personal computer, access to your organizations’ Google Analytics environment.
***This workshop will include a one hour Zoom presentation in advance of the TSPRA conference, to make sure that all registrants are prepped and ready to take full advantage of the interactive elements of the workshop. The virtual meeting is on Feb. 8, 2022, noon-1:30 p.m. prior to conference. Limited to 30 attendees.
Finding the Time – How to Manage Social Media in Under One Hour Per Day
Andrea Gribble, #SocialSchool4EDU
Struggling to make time for social media? Andrea will share tools, tactics, and boundary-saving tips to help you make a bigger impact, while also saving you a ton of time. We’ll even spend time taking action – to help save time once you get back to the office!
Listening and change management: Better engagement with diverse and minoritized audiences
Jacqueline Lambiase, CPC, TCU
Using change management principles and better listening strategies, how might your district improve its engagement with all audiences, especially with people who may be underrepresented in decision-making spaces? In this interactive session, we’ll inventory your district’s listening architecture and create new pathways for communication through old channels and new. How might you build listening ambassadors inside your district, and how might you welcome new ideas and change along the way, as you begin to hear more about your stakeholders’ needs? How do you use change management systems to spark new programming, activities, and community engagement in new ways?
View photos for 2021 Annual Conference
View program for 2021 Annual Conference