2022 Key Communicator Nominations opened May 4 and will close June 30, 2022 (by 4 p.m. CST)
You must create a login and account to use our Open Water awards website. If you have a profile and login that you have used before to enter Star Awards or Professional Awards, then you use that same login for the Key Communicator Award. If you have not entered an award’s program using the Open Water platform, then click the link below to go to the Open Water site then click My Account in the navigation bar and create a new login.
GO TO THE KEY COMMUNICATOR NOMINATION SITE
Each year, TSPRA honors someone who has contributed significantly to the field of public school communications with the association’s Key Communicator Award. This person does not need not be a member of TSPRA. They may be a legislator, superintendent or professional in another field who has improved school communications or a member of TSPRA who has contributed outstanding service to the profession of public school communications. For inspiration, here is a list of PAST KEY COMMUNICATOR WINNERS and the 2021 KEY COMMUNICATOR.
DEADLINE & RULES
- Only TSPRA members in good standing (dues paid for the current school year) may submit a nominee.
- Only complete, online nominations will be accepted.
- Nominations may be submitted from May 4 through June 30, 2022.
- The deadline to submit a nomination is 4 p.m. CST, June 30, 2022.
- All fields are required at the time of submission. So be sure to have:
- A one-page PDF document detailing why you think this individual
is worthy of the Key Communicator Award
- A one-page bio of the nominee
- Three letters of support for the nominee (each one will be submitted individually)
- A 300 dpi jpeg photo of the nominee, sized to 8.5″ x 11″
Sean Hoffmann, Seguin ISD, Chair [SASPRA]
Veronica Castillon, APR, Laredo ISD, Past President 2020-2021 [Gulf Coast]
Patti Pawlik-Perales, Beeville ISD, Past President 2013-2014 [Gulf Coast]
Art Del Barrio, Pasadena ISD [HASPRA]
Nicole Lyons, Keller ISD [SPRINT]
Tim Savoy, Hays CISD [CASPRA]