NOMINATIONS ACCEPTED AUGUST 2-SEPTEMBER 1
Scroll to bottom for nomination link.
A Message from TSPRA President-Elect Rebecca M. Villarreal, APR, chair of the Nominating Committee
Many of you understand what “service above self” means and have shown it through your actions. I strongly believe that you should volunteer and serve in some capacity to get the most out of any membership. As we enter the nomination period for TSPRA, you have the opportunity to not only step up to serve yourself but help motivate others also to serve.
As you know, TSPRA’s Executive Committee is composed of members who work in different size districts, have different skill sets and volunteer their time and talents to help move this organization forward. This year, we have many positions on the Executive Committee that you or one of your respected colleagues can consider.
This call for nominations is your chance to help shape the future and continued success of TSPRA. The nominating committee will carefully consider all of the nominations when they meet in September. It is up to you to ensure they have a diverse and dedicated pool of candidates to consider.
Here are two important deadlines:
Tuesday, September 1, 2021: Completed online nomination forms must be received by the TSPRA state office no later than 4:00 p.m. You will receive an email confirming the submission.
Tuesday, September 15, 2021: To be eligible, a person must be a professional member in good standing with dues paid by September 15, 2021.
Nominees must meet all the membership requirements as defined by the bylaws, agree to attend three Executive Committee meetings yearly, and have the support of their district or organization. To view the complete requirements, go to https://tspra.org/about/elections/requirements-for-nominees/.
Please note, TSPRA’s Standing Rules state that each area shall have no more than two vice presidents. Since the At-Large Vice President Position 1 is currently held by a member from the Central region, no one from that area would be eligible to serve in the At-Large Vice President Position 2 or At-Large Vice President Position 3.
Also, according to the 2021-2022 Strategic Initiatives, the Nominating Committee is charged to slate the At-Large Vice President Position 2 and At-Large Vice President Position 3 with expertise and diversity in at least one of the areas listed below. Be sure to check these off on the nomination form.
- Rural Representation
- Education Foundation or Development
- Community Relations
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Expertise
- Graphic Design
- District Declining Enrollment
Nominations are needed for:
- At-Large Vice President Position 2 (represents all areas)
- At-Large Vice President Position 3 (represents all areas)
- Area Vice Presidents
- Gulf Coast (ESC Regions 1, 2 and 3)
- Houston/Beaumont (ESC Regions 4 & 5)
- North Central (ESC Regions 9, 10 & 11)
- Far West (ESC Regions 18 & 19)
- San Antonio (ESC Region 20)
To make a nomination you will need basic information of the person (name, title, district or organization, email and phone number).
The following questions on the online nomination form will need to be completed:
1. Does the nominee have the support of his/her district, organization, supervisor?
2. Does the nominee understand that he/she is responsible for expenses related to the position, travel and conference?
3. Do they have the qualifications to serve?
4. How many years has the nominee been a TSPRA member?
5. In what ways has the nominee served TSPRA? (Committee work, other offices, presenter, etc.)
6. What honors has the nominee received?
7. Why is the nominee seeking office?
8. What skills and expertise does the nominee have?
9. A list of names, cell phone numbers and emails of members in the region who support the nomination.
The following items will need to be uploaded:
1. A biography/resume of the nominee
2. One PDF file compiling all letters of support
3. A photo of the nominee
If you have any questions about the nomination process, feel free to contact the state office. The qualifications and duties for each position are posted on the website and can be found at https://tspra.org/about/elections/nominations/.
TSPRA is one of the most well-respected organizations in the country that has served school communicators for the past 60 years. Please consider participating in the nomination process and joining me in service to TSPRA and its 1000+ members!
Rebecca M. Villarreal, APR