Honor TSPRA's best and brightest by nominating someone for the 2018 TSPRA Professional Awards. We need nominees for each of the following categories:
- Professional Achievement Award - Sponsored by Relatrix - The recipient shall be a person employed full time in the field of school public relations, hold professional membership in TSPRA for at least ten years and during that time exhibited a creative, dedicated, and professional approach to school communications.
- Most Valuable Member Award - Sponsored by SchoolMessenger - The recipient shall be a member of TSPRA who has contributed significantly to the improvement of the association.
- Rookie of the Year Award - Sponsored by O'Connell Robertson - The recipient shall be employed full time in the field of school public relations, hold professional membership in TSPRA, and exhibit a creative, dedicated, and professional approach to school communications. This person shall be a member of TSPRA and shall not have been employed in school public relations for more than 36 months at the time of the nomination deadline.
- Bright Idea Award - Sponsored by Elementary Schoolmate - This award shall go to a TSPRA member and/or TSPRA nominee for outstanding ideas, strategies, projects or programs designed to promote public education in Texas through effective communications. To be considered for the award, an entry must be creative, unusual, effective, and adaptable.
- Media Award - Sponsored by Blackboard - To be given to a a media professional who has contributed significantly to the public understanding of public education in Texas through print or broadcast media. Consideration should be given to a nominee who successfully explains complex educational issues, presents issues in an unbiased manner, and who initiates stories that promote the mission of public education.
- Partner in Public Education Award - To be given to an individual or organization who has made significant contributions to the cause of public education and/or the profession with actions and/or contributions complementing the mission of TSPRA. The media and active TSPRA members are not eligible to receive this award.
TSPRA members in good standing are eligible to submit nominations, which will be made online through the OpenWater platform, the same tool used for submitting Star Awards. Instructions for using OpenWater can be found on the top of the landing page. For criteria, nominating instructions and the online nomination form, click here.
The deadline for submitting Professional Awards nominations is Friday, Dec. 15 by 5 p.m.
The TSPRA Professional Awards Committee includes chair Ronnie Zamora, Denise Blanchard, Patti Pawlik-Perales, Marco Alvarado, Holly Fuller and Mike Rockwood.