THE DEADLINE TO ENTER HAS PASSED.
★ TSPRA has moved to an all-online submission and judging system. We began accepting entries on October 3, 2017.
★ No more mailing in entries and last minute overnight shipping fees.
★ Register to enter online and you may create one login that everyone in your department may use so that all entries may be on one invoice.
★ Since everything is submited electronically, the criteria on what and how to submit has changed. Be sure to read the instructions!
★ Stop and start the entry process, edit or delete entries waiting to be judged up through the deadline.
★ Judges will judge and submit their evaluations online where you will download them later.
★ There will not be a Star Awards display at conference. A gallery of Gold Star winners and Crystal and Platinum entries will be available as a video display at the conference and you may also view them on a computer, laptop, iPad or phone.
★ There are a few new categories this year. Entry fees have not changed.
Official Rules and Instructions
Who may enter
Only TSPRA members who have paid their 2016-2017 dues are eligible to enter and have their names on an award.
Entries were submitted during a five week period starting Monday, October 3, 2016 and ending at 11:59 p.m. CST Monday, November 14, 2016.
Do not ship or bring entries to the state office. Everything must be submitted online.
Invoices and Payments
Invoices are created when you enter. Payment is due by November 30, 2016 or your awards will be forfeited. We are not accepting credit cards at this time.
What to submit
• Work that fits the category criteria and was produced and used by an educational institution (district, association, foundation, university, education service center, etc.) between July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016 may be entered.
• Submit as many entries in as many categories as you wish. You may enter multiple entries in a single category.
• Submit each entry electronically using the online system where you will upload files and/or submit URLs, depending on the category.
• Submittal requirements vary depending on the category. Carefully read the individual category descriptions for details. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
• No entry which earned a Best of Category in the previous year is eligible to be re-entered again this year. By that, we mean that it can not be substantially the same entry. For more information, contact the TSPRA State Office.
• Judges may re-categorize an entry. Entries that fail to follow guidelines may be penalized or disqualified by the judges. All judges' decisions are final.
Print, Video, Electronic and Campaign categories are judged in three divisions. Divisions are based on the number of students a district, foundation, service center or organization serves as of May 1, 2016. TSPRA affiliate members who are private consultants and/or their companies that do work for a district, foundation or education association, will base their entry's division size on the number of students served by their client. The divisions are:
• serving less than 10,000 students
• serving 10,000 to 30,000 students
• serving more than 30,000 students
Crystal and Platinum categories are not judged by divsions.
NOTE: If there are less than three entries in a particular category's division, those entries will be moved to the next higher or lower division.
Types of Awards
One Best of Category medallion may be awarded in each of the three divisions in a category selected from the highest scoring Gold Star awards.
Unlimited Gold, Silver and Bronze Star awards may be awarded in Print, Video, Electronic and Campaign categories.
Only one Crystal Commendation and Platinum award per category will be awarded.
At the judges' discretion, Certificates of Merit may be awarded to worthy runners-up in the Crystal and Platinum categories.
Crystal and Platinum Awards are sponsored by:
The Objective Sheet is now a series of online questions. You can prepare these answers and copy and paste them into the fields. This information is extremely important to the judge since your work is evaluated not only on creativity and skill but on its success at achieving your stated goals and results.
All entries must:
meet eligibility and deadline requirements
be entered in the correct category, following the proper procedure
indicate what copyrighted materials you have used. If a judge questions your statement, you will be contacted for proof.
Entry Fees for 2016 Star Awards
★ $35 Print Entries (Categories 1-27)
★ $50 Video, Electronic, Web and Campaign/Event Entries (Categories 28-45)
★ $65 Crystal Commendation Entries (Categories 46-54)
★ $75 Platinum Entries (Category 55)
1. Look at the categories and criteria for entering. Then gather your work and prepare your electronic or URL entries, following the category instructions.
2. Get all the information needed for each entry: contact name and email; division size; name of entity for the award; title of the entry for the award; names of TSPRA members for the award.
3. On October 3, Set up login and password for the award site.
4. Follow the online entry process.
If you need assistance, please call the TSPRA office at 512-474-9107.