CALL FOR NOMINATIONS for TSPRA's 2017 Professional Awards.
Please read this information and submit your nominations using this online form.
There are five awards:
• Professional Achievement The recipient shall be a person employed full time in the field of school public relations, hold professional membership in TSPRA for at least ten years and during that time exhibited a creative, dedicated, and professional approach to school communications.
• Most Valuable Member The recipient shall be a member of TSPRA who has contributed significantly to the improvement of the association.
• Rookie of the Year The recipient shall be employed full time in the field of school public relations, hold professional membership in TSPRA, and exhibit a creative, dedicated, and professional approach to school communications. This person shall be a member of TSPRA and shall not have been employed in school public relations for more than 36 months at the time of the nomination deadline.
• Bright Idea This award shall go to a TSPRA member and/or TSPRA nominee for outstanding ideas, strategies, projects or programs designed to promote public education in Texas through effective communications. To be considered for the award, an entry must be creative, unusual, effective, and adaptable.
• Media Award To be given to a a media professional who has contributed significantly to the public understanding of public education in Texas through print or broadcast media. Consideration should be given to a nominee who successfully explains complex educational issues, presents issues in an unbiased manner, and who initiates stories that promote the mission of public education.
Any TSPRA member in good standing may submit nominations.
Award winners will be announced during the TSPRA Annual Conference February 20-23, 2017 in Galveston.
Nominations must be submitted online by 5 p.m. CST, Thursday, December 15, 2016.
Please follow all form instructions carefully. Only complete nominations will be accepted. So before you start the nomination form be sure to have prepared your supporting document, of up to 3 single sided pages, detailing why you think this individual is worthy of an award [.pdf or .docx]