Letter from the Nomination Committee Chair
Dear TSPRA Colleagues,
Throughout my years as a journalist, bank marketing officer, and school public relations professional, I have had the pleasure of working with some remarkably talented teams – teams that gelled together with individuals working as one. Everyone knew what they had to contribute to reach a common goal for the good of the organization. Sometimes the work was lots of fun and sometimes the work was serious business with big decisions to ponder. But, somehow the group always made it look easy.
It was only when I was blessed with leadership positions that I realized how important it was to create a cohesive group. And that’s why I am encouraging you to consider serving in a TSPRA leadership position. You may nominate yourself or a colleague.
Here are two important deadlines:
• Tuesday, September 3, 2019: Completed online nomination forms must be received by the TSPRA state office no later than 4:00 p.m. You will receive an email confirming the submission.
• Monday, September 16, 2019: To be eligible, a person must be a professional member in good standing with dues paid by September 16, 2019.
Nominees must meet all the membership requirements as defined by the bylaws, agree to attend three Executive Committee meetings yearly and must have the support of their district or organization.
Please note, TSPRA's Standing Rules state that each area shall have no more than two vice presidents. Since the At Large Vice President Position 1 is currently held by a member from the Central area, ESC Region 13, no one from that area would be eligible to serve as in the At-Large Vice President Positions 2 and 3. Also, the At-Large Vice President Positions 2 and 3 must be held by persons from two different TSPRA regions.
Nominations are needed for:
• Area Vice Presidents & At-Large Vice President (Positions 2 and 3)
- Gulf Coast (ESC Regions 1, 2 & 3)
- Houston/Beaumont (ESC Regions 4 & 5)
- North Texas (ESC Regions 9, 10 & 11)
- Far West (ESC Regions 18 & 19)
- San Antonio (ESC Region 20)
- At-Large Position 2
- At-Large Position 3
In accordance with our bylaws, the Nominating Committee will meet on September 19, in Dallas to select a slate of officers. Electronic ballots will be sent to members who are eligible to vote on November 5 and the results will be announced in December.
TSPRA has been a very important part of my life both professionally and personally for more than 25 years. The more involved I got in this organization, the more I learned, grew, and felt rewarded. Thank you for allowing me to serve as TSPRA’s president-elect.
Veronica Castillon, APR
2019-20 TSPRA President-Elect & Chair, Nominating Committee
Submit a nomination [will be active 11 a.m. August 1 thru 4 p.m. September 3, 2019]