Letter from the Nomination Committee Chair
Dear TSPRA Colleagues,
Thank you for choosing to be a member of the Texas School Public Relations Association. Our organization is full of talented, highly-skilled and knowledgeable professionals that serve schoolchildren across the state in a variety of capacities. TSPRA is recognized and respected at both the state and national level because of the quality of our membership.
I truly believe I am a better school public relations professional because of my participation in TSPRA conferences, special workshops and regional meetings. The networking opportunities at each event are extremely beneficial. I have a great appreciation for this organization and its members. That is why I decided that I wanted to have a leadership role in TSPRA. I felt it was my duty to give back to an organization that I have taken so much from over the years. It is my hope that you too will want to share your skills, experiences and talents as a member of the Executive Committee.
Here are two important deadlines:
• Friday, September 1, 2017: Completed online nomination forms must be received by the TSPRA state office no later than 4:00 p.m. You will receive an email confirming the submission.
• Friday, September 15, 2017: To be eligible, an officer must be a professional member in good standing with dues paid by September 15, 2017.
Nominees must meet all the membership requirements as defined by the bylaws, agree to attend three Executive Committee meetings yearly and should have the support of their district or organization.
Nominations are needed for:
• Area Vice Presidents & At-Large Vice President (Positions 2 & 3)
- Gulf Coast (Regions 1, 2 & 3) position currently held by Arianna Vazquez-Hernandez, Pharr-San Juan Alamo ISD
- Houston/Beaumont (Regions 4 & 5) position currently held by Mark Kramer, Channelview ISD
- North Central (Regions 9, 10 & 11) position currently held by Tommy Brown, Alvarado ISD
- Far West (Regions 18 & 19) position currently held by Melissa Martinez, CPC, El Paso ISD
- San Antonio (Region 20) position currently held by Anne Marie Espinoza, Uvalde ISD
- At-Large Position 2 position currently held by Teresa Benden, College Station ISD Education Foundation
- At-Large Position 3 position currently held by Monica Faulkenbery, APR, Northside ISD
In accordance with our bylaws, the Nominating Committee will meet on Thursday, October 5, 2017, in Dallas to select a slate of officers.
Electronic ballots will be sent to members who are eligible to vote on November 6, 2017, and the results will be announced on December 13.
Thank you for being a part of this dynamic organization. It is a privilege to serve you as President-Elect and Nominating Committee Chair. I hope you will consider serving or encouraging a fellow member to serve.Sincerely,
TSPRA President-Elect & Nominating Committee Chair, 2017-2018
Submit a nomination [will be active August 1 thru September 1, 2017]